Monday, September 7, 2009

Meet the Seller - Cat Taylor



Meet Cat Taylor
Local and regular seller at the Devonport Craft Markets!

How long have you been involved in your craft?

I have always tinkered around with craft and designing different things; mainly invitations for friends, cards, gifts etc. But got into sewing this year.


What is your craft?
Currently my stock includes crayon rolls, kids fabric covered sketchbooks, handbound fabric journals, wrist key rings, kids owie bags, skirts. I also make gift cards, invitations, fabric covered magnets, badges, bookmarks, lavender bags, vintage illustration stickers and upcycled envelopes from old, no longer loved books... I am constantly inspired by new things, and my stock changes regularly to reflect that.

How did you get started creating?
I am a graphic designer by trade, and a massive hoarder. I love fabric and paper + I have 2 young daughters so we are constantly doing something crafty... A lot of what I make is driven by what my kids enjoy. I only started selling this year when I couldn't stop making stuff!


What inspires you?
Gosh, it isn't hard to inspire me... I love colour, nature, fabric, paper, design... I also hate waste, so enjoy finding a use for every little scrap of fabric/paper etc. that I use. There are a lot of beautiful things in the thrift shops, I enjoy repurposing items and giving them 'another life'.

What is your favourite book?
Too many to list... I am an avid reader. I just finished reading Salvation Creek, by Susan Duncan which I really enjoyed (for the second time), but the books that I have read the most often recently would have to be: Where is the Green Sheep, Where the Wild Things Are, Richard Scarry's What Do People Do All Day ...

What is your favourite food?
Anything with chocolate :-)

Favourite inspiration site; blog or online shop
Skinny Laminx
Rosy Little Things
One Boat A Day
Allsorts
Angela Liguori
Fine Little Day

Apart from The Devonport Craft Market, Where can people buy your work?
On Felt - Click here
On Etsy - www.cattaylor.etsy.com
Pocket, 6 London Street, Lyttelton, Christchurch
Thanks Cat.
You can catch the lovely Cat and her work at the next Devonport Craft Market, Sunday 4th October!

No comments:

Post a Comment