Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meet the Seller - Saskia from Saskia.N Designs

 

Meet the lovely Saskia from saskia.n Designs.

Saskia has been creating hand cast crafted resin jewelry since 2005. See some of her lovely work and find out where it all began.

Where did you learn your craft?
I was introduced to the process at Art School in 2005, and then picked it up again last year for an exhibition, where I made jewellery that featured images from my paintings/prints on show.  The jewellery was a hit, and I had a lot of spare resin so decided to make some more and it just expanded from there!
What inspires you?
Paper, colour, illustrations, papercraft, Hayao Miyazaki- Studio Ghibli films, Andy Warhol, Rosalie Gascoigne, design, flowers, stamps, coins and anything exciting I can stick in resin!



Tell us about your favorite book and food?
For the book - Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion. (I just couldn't decide...) and for the food: Ginger Crunch, Sushi and mandarins mmmmmm

Where do you go for online inspiration?
Etsy - I Love browsing all the amazing art, clothing, vintage products and designs other amazing people are making!

Where did you come up with the name for your stall?
I wanted something simple that I could use to separate jewellery design from my other art work, but still keeping my name in the mix.

When you are not at the Devonport Craft Market, where can people buy your goodies?
In my FELT store, my Facebook Page and also on www.heartscollective.com
You can also find me at some other markets in Auckland (Crafternoon Tea and The Mt Eden Craft Market)

Special Offer:
Saskia has a special offer for all readers of this profile. Mention that you read the profile and receive 15% discount off total spend price - WOW - Alsoevery purchase comes in a cute wee box with a baby origami crane! Thanks Saskia - very generous!

No comments:

Post a Comment