Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meet the Seller: Nerissa Cassidy from Mushymoo




Meet Nerissa from Mushymoo

Where did your brand name come from?
Mushymoo was created using my children's nick names "Mushy" for Hamish and "Moo" for Max. Making things for my children was my initial sewing inspiration so it was important to me to create a brand name that reflected that.

When did you begin making and what was your inspiration?
I'd always struggled to find cool soft toys for my boys.  So I decided to make them special personalised monsters for Christmas one year.  Not only did my boys love them, but I absolutely LOVED making them.  Soon people were asking where they could get them......so Mushymoo was born :)

What do you make?
I love to make soft toys, cushions, buntings...stuff for kids rooms.  Although big kids like my things too :)

Who has been the most influential in your craft?
Probably my Grandpa, Grandma and Mum.  My Grandpa had a workshop where he would spend hours patiently helping me create things; so I'm quite handy with a drill and hammer!  Both my Grandma and Mum made a living out of sewing, but were generally very crafty people who could also knit and crochet (amongst other things).

What inspires you?
Sooooo many things inspire me!  Probably the most influential is looking through magazines and spending hours surfing the internet.   

Where did your brand name come from?
Mushymoo was created using my children's nick names "Mushy" for Hamish and "Moo" for Max. Making things for my children was my initial sewing inspiration so it was important to me to create a brand name that reflected that.

What handmade possesion do you most treasure?    
My grandparents have passed away, so anything they have made for me I treasure.  I also now really appreciate the time, skill and love put into each piece.

Apart from making/creating, what do you do?
I'm a stay at home Mum to Hamish (4) and Max (almost 3)...it's a crazy busy time with two little boys I can tell you!  I also have a fantastic husband (Scott) who is a great support.

What music is on 'high rotate' on your stereo or iPod at the moment?
I just love the song "Drive by" by Train, it's on rotate in my head!...even my little boy Hamish sings it!!

When you are not at the Devonport Craft Market - where can people find your work?
I sell through Felt...www.mushymoo.felt.co.nz


No comments:

Post a Comment