Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Meet the Seller - Glen van Prehn



Meet Glen van Prehn Devonport local and regular stall holder at the Devonport Craft Market. You will see Glen bust knitting her next creation while you shop!

Shop / stall name
Glennie's Beanies

How long have you been involved in your craft?
45 years

What is your craft?
Knitting . Specially beanies/berets but have lately started on baby beanie/bootee sets which look cute.

How did you get started creating?
When I first started knitting at 11 I simply followed patterns and bought the wool recommended in them but in the late 80's when those big patterned jumpers and coats came into fashion, I started playing around with different colours and textures and modifying patterns. I love colour. And it never ceases to amaze me that 2 simple little stitches can produce such incredibly different looks and garments.

What inspires you?
I was going to say nature but in fact it's everything! I love the weave in cloth, textiles, house interiors and Resene colours - anything really. I love putting colours next to each other that happen naturally in the garden but look like they should clash.

What is your favourite book?
Changes from month to month - loved reading The Friday Night Knitting Club!

What is your favourite food?
Is chocolate a food?
Favourite inspiration site; blog or online shop
I tend to use magazines rather than anything online for inspiration ....

How did you come up with your stall / shop name?
It sounds a bit better than Glennie Knitwit or something similar! Seriously, it's quite hard to come up with an original name involving knitting so I stuck to the basics.

Apart from The Devonport Craft Market, Where can people buy your work?
Directly from me or through Trade Me

Thanks Glen - Check out Glennie's Beanies at the next Devonport Craft Market, October 4th 10-3pm, Devonport Community House, Clarence St, Devonport.

No comments:

Post a Comment