Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meet the Seller: Tanya from Heavenly Nature



Where did your brand name come from?
My inspirations came from natural ingredient and the Mother Nature hence the name :)    

When did you begin making and what was your inspiration?
I have always been intrigued by the life style from the old days when everything is hand crafted one by one using the materials from mother nature, sadly such amazing craftsmanship and technique is fading away in the modern days, instead everything is mass produced using the nasty chemical ingredients to drive the cost down but harms both your skin and the environment. It was then I begin to create different recipes of skin care products based on the natural ingredient and ancient recipes, such as essential oils, herbs and flowers to create skin loving recipes for different skin types and I have being doing this for a year.   


What do you make?
Mainly soaps, our handmade soaps are made with natural ingredients, essential oil and perfumes to create mild formula that is great for all skin types for soothing and hydrating rough, dry and sensitive skin, also great for protect our environment form nasty chemicals.
I also make massage bars, which serves double-duty as luxurious massage oil or after shower body moisturizer with a different aroma for different needs, some massage bar with sparkles and glitters they are very subtle and pretty, gives you a vivid glow that lights up pale, wintery skin. Perfect for parties and social gatherings that needs a little something extra. I also make natural lip balms and solid perfume.

Who has been the most influential in your craft?
No one in particular, I guess I am influenced by beautifully crafted cakes and desert.         



What inspires you?
The inspiration of my soap making comes from nature, foods, arts, stories and my life experiences.         

What is your favorite book?
My favourite book is “Bible” and The Secret:)
           



Your favorite food?    
Chocolate, cheesecake and ice cream, they don't  sounds very healthy, but I love it, I also like fruits , my favourite is cherry and Mango. Yummy!        I go to designer or artist website to find inspirations :) 

What handmade possesion do you most treasure?    
A vintage Chinese ivory puzzle ball pendant, it is approx 1.9cm across and it has 3 separate and movable carved balls inside each ball carved from a single piece of ivory. It’s a fascinating incredible piece of artistry and workmanship!      



Apart from making/creating, what do you do?
I am also a freelance graphic designer, occasionally do some designs for my clients, I spend most of the time working on branding for my products.  I also go to belly dance class every Wednesday as well as looking after my husband and my border collies.            

What music is on 'high rotate' on your stereo or iPod at the moment?
I love The Cranberries and Quincy Coleman.





When you are not at the Devonport Craft Market - where can people find your work?     
You can find me on my Facebook page, my new website will be coming soon 
I also go to the other craft markets in Auckand.

Heavenly Nature has offered a wonderful special to go along with this seller profile - see below:
Mention that you have read this profile and you will receive an 80g facial soap for $7 (normally 10) read the description of the soap below and you know you will be making a Beeline for Heavenly Nature on Sunday!


Goat Milk Lavender Facial Soap
A gentle, effective cleansing facial soap specially formulated for all skin types. Enriched with goat milk, shea butter, Honey, lavender essential oil, it is the perfect soothing everyday soap substitute cleanser for use on the face, hands and body. The low lathering and PH balanced formula soothes and softens the skin as it cleanses and helps the skin retain much needed moisture.


No comments:

Post a Comment