Monday, August 1, 2011

Meet the Seller - Chrissie from Run.cutie


Meet Chrissie McKain from run.cutie Jewellery + Design who has been designing and making for... well... forever!


What is it that you create?
I like to craft in all different mediums... hand drawn and digital illustration, jewellery making, sewing, painting and graphic design. Right now I am most interested in turning my illustrations into wearable art jewellery and some secret kids 'stuff'  that will be revealed soon!! "I have always been a 'creative' person with a passion for drawing and design. It helped to have a wonderfully creative mum who was always at hand to help with the next DIY project!

How did you get started creating?
I also completed a degree in Media Arts from WINTEC, Hamilton which gave me an opportunity to explore the arts, and develop my own style of design." Books, adventure, people and places.....but mostly its believing that its possible to make almost anything you desire. Sure, you will always be restricted by availability of supplies, money, time etc... but I find this the most rewarding challenge. 

What are you inspired by?
The people who inspire me the most are those that have made their own way in the creative industry, finding new and innovative solutions to the challenges they face.


Tell us about you favourite book:
The Character Encyclopaedia, by Pictoplasma. Its a beautifully crafted book, with little vector characters stamped into its shiny black vinyl cover... I have a number of illustration books in my precious shelf at home, but this one trumps the lot!!  I think they were wrong when they said 'never judge a book by it's cover'... go and see for yourself at: http://publishing.pictoplasma.com/books/the-character-encyclopaedia"


And what about your favourite food?
Anything sweet, but mainly chocolate... 
Chocolate cake, Chocolate muffins, Chocolate mousse, Chocolate milk, Chocolate ice cream, Chocolate yougurt, Chocolate.... you get the idea!
I think M&M's are the best creative chocolate. While sitting at the table with my notebook pondering all the new and exciting creations that are about to be made... it seams quite therapeutic to make (and eat) my little rainbow coloured m&m smiley faces"


Where you find inspiration online?
Some of the places I like to visit online are: 
http://idnworld.com/mags/
http://www.computerarts.co.uk/
http://www.thread.co.nz/

How did you come up with the name Run.Cutie?
The name run.cutie was created to sound girly & quirky... but more importantly to be memorable. I also have a range of 'cutie clutches' and will soon be launching the run.cutie kids range.


Apart from the Devonport Craft Market, where can we buy run.cutie?
Run.cutie  is available at the following places:
Misty Lang Boutique, Newmarket and the The House of Hedone, High Street, Auckland
You can also purchase from my FELT store or at Foxes.


You can contact me at my run.cutie website and on Facebook.


Run.Cutie has offered the most AMAZING and EXCLUSIVE offer to readers of this profile. For any readers of the profile who purchase a Run.cute necklace at the August Devonport Craft Market and you can choose a pair of 12mm studs or french earrings for free. Earrings are valued at $22.50 per set.
While stocks last. Offer exclusive to Devonport Craft Market.



No comments:

Post a Comment